Supporting local physicians and the surrounding community since 1889
Who We Are
Founded in 1889, the society has grown from eight Whatcom County doctors to 338 physicians in San Juan and Whatcom counties combined. Celebrating 131 years, the society has functioned as a promoter of public health in the 1930-1940s to educational philanthropists in the 1940-1950s. Since the 1970s the society has sent legislative delegates to Olympia.
As a non-profit professional association we provide free referral services to the community, professional and educational support to our local physicians and participation in community projects that support the local health and well-being all of people living in this part of the Pacific Northwest.